Fieldtrip, one significant event of SEAGA International Conference 2010, will be proposed with five parallel trips mainly to Hanoi and its surroundings. Each fieldtrip has a specific topic to provide more opportunities to explore the country and to learn more about Vietnam, its history, culture and socio-economic situation. The fieldtrip will be taking place on the third day of the conference (25 November). Each fieldtrip will host a group of approximately 30 participants (maximum 40 persons). Below is an overview followed by a more detailed description of each field trip.
- Field trip 1: Hanoi City Tour
- Field trip 2: Craft villages around Hanoi. There are two options for your choice:
- Option 1: Bat Trang Pottery Village – Dong Ho Painting Village – But Thap Pagoda – Dong Ky Wood Carving Village
- Option 2: Phu Vinh Bamboo & Rattan Village – Van Phuc Silk Village – Tay Phuong Pagoda
- Field trip 3: Halong Bay
- Field trip 4: Hoa Lu Citadel - Bai Dinh Pagoda – Trang An Ecological Tourist Site (Ninh Binh Province)
Fee for a field trip is 30 US$ per person, except the trip to Halong Bay which is 50US$ per person. The fee is inclusive of transportation, meal (lunch), guides, required admissions.
The fee should be paid together with the registration fee by bank transfer.
Weather & Clothes
November is the pleasant time to visit Hanoi when the weather is cool and quite dry. The average temperature is around 21°C with high of 24°C and low of 18°C. It is advisable to take a light jacket or a pullover with you. Dress should be appropriate at religious sites such us shrines, temples and pagodas.
You may download this brochure for more information on individual trips.