GEOGRAPHY FOR GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING -
SUSTAINABLE CHANGES IN ENVIRONMENT, SOCIETY AND PEOPLE
SEAGA International Conference 2017
28 Nov – 1 Dec 2017
Hosted and organised by Universitas Indonesia
Kampus UI Depok, West Java, Indonesia
SEAGA, the Southeast Asian Geography Association, established in 1990, is a regional association of geographers and other academic, education, government, and private sector professionals in related fields like history, the geo- and environmental sciences, and urban planning. The 2017 conference will be the 13th conference organized by SEAGA.
The conference theme is: “Geography for global understanding: sustainable changes in environment, society and people” and we are inviting multidimensional perspectives on this issue from scholars, policy makers, entrepreneurs, and teachers. The aim of the conference is to advance the discourse on the issues of environment, society and people, so as to inform the decision-making and actions of society, private enterprise, and governments. This theme was chosen based on the Declaration of 2016 as the International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU) at the International Geographical Union Congress.
The main sub-themes of interest include:
· Changing Physical Landscapes in Southeast Asia
· Living with Global Environmental Change
· Geospatial technologies and their contribution to Southeast Asia
· Economic growth, competitiveness and sustainable development
· Changing Population, carrying capacities and ecological footprints
· Sustainable Development and Southeast Asia
· Geography of Cities
· Geographies of rural transition
· Changing Agriculture in SE Asia
· Gender Geographies
· New regionalisms in Southeast Asia
· Geography Education
· Field-based issues for geography and geography education
You can also subscribe to the RSS feeds for the latest updates at http://www.seaga.info/rss/all.xml.